Criminal Intelligence AnalystAtlanta-Carolinas High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area
The Atlanta-Carolinas High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Possesses knowledge and expertise in intelligence support to drug law enforcement. Maintains a working knowledge of the various law enforcement databases and other information sources available.
- Provides intelligence/analytical support to ongoing drug-related investigations.
- Assesses cases to determine intelligence gaps and assists the case agent in the development of a plan to collect information addressing these gaps.
- Collates data by merging new data with existing related data through indexing, coding and cross-referencing.
- Utilizes specialized computer programs to organize and manipulate information.
- Prepares comprehensive reports to be used by agents, investigators, supervisors and
- Prosecutors to coordinate, direct, and set priorities for investigations.
- Provides agents, investigators, and prosecutors with the most appropriate and effective
- method of visually portraying events, including link, event and association charts
- Reviews raw data for acceptability and utility. Evaluates the data for reliability and content validity. With the case agent, classifies data and determines the sensitivity to the extent that it can be disseminated.
- Analyses information for trends, predictions and unique crime indicators. With the case agent, identifies and prioritizes criminal targets for additional investigation.
- Disseminates information/reports to appropriate law enforcement agencies on a need to know basis.
- Communicates with law enforcement personnel to provide analytical services, documents trends and will make recommendations to determine data to be entered into the intelligence cycle.
- Prepares strategic and special reports summarizing research of information relevant to drug law enforcement.
- Conduct surveys, researches outside sources and interviews persons concerning law
- enforcement topics.
- Applies basic knowledge of statistics and data management in order to organize, analyze and properly portray data.
- Conducts, or provides assistance with training of other law enforcement personnel on the intelligence process, specialized analytical techniques and report writing.
- Conducts liaison activities with law enforcement agencies, private companies such as phone companies and credit bureaus, and with law enforcement associations such as the Georgia State Intelligence Network, Regional Organized Crime Information Center and the Atlanta Criminal Intelligence Network.
- Additional duties: Other duties, as assigned, in support of the Atlanta-Carolinas HIDTA mission.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Experience working as a Criminal Intelligence Analyst or relevant experience
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills are an absolute necessity
- A demonstrated ability to analyze information, identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and develop solutions; plan and organize work; and aptitude to work independently and as part of a team.
The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) funds High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Programs (HIDTA) across the country that focus on reducing drug trafficking and it’s harmful consequences particularly drug abuse and drug-related crime. HIDTA programs invest in federal, state, and local partnerships to build safe and healthy communities. Each HIDTA serves as a force-multiplier in their region, leveraging resources and joining agencies toward a common goal.