CNC Machine Operator
CNC Machine Operator
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. is actively searching for CNC Machine Operators at the Pendleton, SC location. Multiple shifts available. Candidates with previous experience with Citizen, Star, Tsugami, Tornos or other Swiss-type CNC lathes is a plus. The candidate will also be responsible for set up and running machines. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With minimal supervision follow written process and operate a variety of CNC machines and special processes.
- Receives work order and verifies that the components are correct.
- Receives material and loads on bar feeder.
- Performs and records line clearance.
- Verifies the machine is running the correct program.
- Deburr parts as required.
- Measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change over on a daily basis.
- Confirms that inspection process is kept at AQLS C=0.
- Example: check parts every 30 minutes.
- Maintains good quality and production output.
- Sort/rework parts as required.
- Assists out on other operations as required.
- Data entry in SAP system.
- Shows exceptional teamwork and interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change over on a daily basis.
- Maintain their work area in a clean orderly condition and follows safety procedures.
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately.
- Performs first cut-off.
- Returns all axis to the home position.
- Stops machine to change settings, replace tools and perform tool offsets.
- Recommends process improvements with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Adjusts bar feeder for proper size of material and performs a dry run without material; verifies material against work order for correct lot number.
- Performs first PC inspection when set-up is completed.
- Adjusts tools to meet blueprint specifications.
- Downloads programs to the machine, dry run machine with no material and all tools in place.
- Monitors screen pages and machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media; verifies the correct program in the machine is running.
- Sets up multi axis lathes and milling machining centers; operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Demonstrates ability to streamline processes to increase productivity and quality.
- Installs and adjusts collects with proper pressure.
- Cleans and assembles all collect assemblies, removes or replaces fixture, collects and tools. Inspects old collects and guide brushes.
- Verifies correct tools against tool sheet and program; sets up any type of tool in the pre-setter and/or machine.
- Notifies programmers of issues and updates required for improvements.
- Support machine operators as assigned by Crew Coordinators and or Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years of direct CNC machine experience or equivalent vocational education required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- CNC machines set up experience is required, use different types of measuring tools and perform all aspects of line clearance.
- Computer literacy, basic math skills, a desire to improve in all areas, and work as part of a team committed to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Successful completion of assigned curriculum within 180 days of hire/transfer which includes completing the Fundamentals of Manufacturing. Complete and pass Metrology Course CTC-137 and CTA-082. For CMM training if required by the department will require completing CTC-047 and CTA-080.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Multi axis Swiss lathes
- Milling machining centers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.