Chef Manager #184042 & Bakers #180432Aramark at USC
University of South Carolina - Carolina Food Company / Aramark
Looking for a Skilled and Experienced Chef Manager (Job ID#184042) for one of our Campus Dining Locations
and Experienced Bakers (Job ID #180432) for our New Panera Bread location Opening Soon.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and Diversity Inc.
Chef Manager - you will be the lead culinary person who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for this site.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post high school education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
Bakers - responsible for following recipes and production guidelines to prepare baked goods while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Bakes and prepares a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, etc. food items
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, mixers, etc.
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a baker or in a related role preferred
- Proven knowledge of baking methods and standards and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.